Posted on 11-02-2015
There is no better way to start your week than with a great chiropractic adjustment and a free Yoga class. Yes, I said FREE! Mark your calendars to join us and Susannah Raulino from Yoga Illumined every Monday at 5:00 p.m., and add some flexibility to your work week. Need some more motivation? Here's 10 incredible health benefits you can expect from adding Yoga to your weekly routine...
- Improve you flexibility - This is one of the most obvious benefits, and although it may not be overnight it will happen quickly with repetition.
- Build muscle strength - Strong muscles help to protect us from chronic back pain, and Yoga will help to build muscle while not sacrificing flexibility like other workouts can.
- Perfect your posture (you're Chiropractor loves this one) - Your spinal discs crave movement and Yoga will take your spine through its fullest range of motion.
- Prevent cartilage and joint breakdown - Joint cartilage is like a sponge and it receives nutrients only when its fluid is squeezed from it through movement.
- Increase blood circulation - Yoga boosts hemoglobin and red blood cells, carrying oxygen to tissues and thinning blood for better circulation.
- Boost your immune system - Your lymphatic system was designed to fight infection and carry away toxins...the movement between poses helps to increase lymph drainage.
- Lower your blood pressure - Multiple studies have now been conducted showing that individuals with high blood pressure have had reductions with regular Yoga practice.
- Increase your focus - People who practice Yoga regularly have improved reaction time, memory and even IQ. This is thought to come from their ability to not focus continually on their own thoughts and be more at ease in their surroundings.
- Deeper, more restful sleep - Yoga provides relief from life's hustle and bustle, allowing your nervous system to have downtime without over stimulation.
- Find peace of mind...Be Happy! - Frustration, regret, fear, and anger can all play through our minds on a mental loop which causes additional stress. Stress can bring on many health conditions like migraines, insomnia, lupus, eczema, and even heart attacks. The practice of Yoga to focus on your body, your breathing, your poses, serves as a way to break the looping cycle in your brain. Result = Happiness!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.